1Password Too many steps

Options

Having used Passkeys before this release I Could log in to a site with very little to do the user name was already filled and accessed almost instantly, using the 1 Password plugin I have to Sign into 1Password the process is quite quick. But I am beginning to find the process irritating as it's not as seamless as Apple's own system. I appreciate the multi-browser accessibility but a believe that Apple will be addressing this in the near future. Maybe you may need to find a way to refine the process a little.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Graemezee1
    Graemezee1
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe it could be improved if we could use Passkeys to assess 1Password That way there would be no typing of passwords Just a couple of clicks

• Hello @Graemezee1! šŸ‘‹

Thank you for the feedback! Can you tell me a little more about the steps that you're currently taking to fill a passkey into a website? Once 1Password is unlocked you should be able to fill a passkey with a single click.

If you're currently unlocking 1Password using your account password then have you considered turning on biometric unlock so that you can unlock 1Password using a fingerprint or face recognition instead?

I look forward to hearing from you. šŸ™‚

-Dave

• Graemezee1
    Graemezee1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi I Have found this through a different post It answered a more targetted question about using Passkeys to open 1Password

https://blog.1password.com/unlock-passkey-private-beta/

Basically, I would access the website Click on the 1Password Icon, and fill in my Password, then I have to click the web authentication button a box would appear to use Passkeys Click this, and it would disappear Then a new dialogue box would appear to click to submit the passkey.

Before installing The Beta Browser I rocked up to a website clicked the web authentication button and the Apple Passkeys button then accessed the website

• Dave_1P
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Graemezee1

Thanks for the reply. You wrote:

Basically, I would access the website Click on the 1Password Icon, and fill in my Password, then I have to click the web authentication button a box would appear to use Passkeys Click this, and it would disappear Then a new dialogue box would appear to click to submit the passkey.

What happens if you just click on the "web authentication button and then on the "Use Passkeys" button? Does 1Password appear offering to fill your passkey?

Can you share the address of the website that you're referring to so that I can take a look and better understand the situation?

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.