To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Support for more than one authenticator at a time

Options
NomadUK
NomadUK
Community Member
edited August 2023 in Memberships

Currently, the account password 2FA settings only allow for a single authenticator app. I can add multiple security keys, but I can't add another authenticator app once I've set one.

I find it occasionally helpful to have both 1Password and, say, Google Authenticator as my authenticator apps. One never knows.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.9 (81009046)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• NomadUK
    NomadUK
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, never mind; this doesn't make much sense, after all. All the authenticator apps have the same synchronised value, so all I have to do is set them all up at the same time, and things just work. Never mind; not sure what I was thinking here.

• Hi @NomadUK,

That's correct, for multiple authenticators you would simply need to set them up at the same time.
    Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with!

• NomadUK
    NomadUK
    Community Member
    Options

No, that's fine. You can close this or whatever. Cheers.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Is the "at the same time" really a requirement?

If you have the shared secret you should be able to manually add that (instead of scanning a QR code) in almost any 2FA App.

• NomadUK
    NomadUK
    Community Member
    Options

I suppose that's true. Even if one scans the QRCode into 1Password, one can then use the Edit command to see the TOTP code and copy it. Hm.

• Blake
    Options

Closing this thread as requested. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.