Feature update - Generate password in Save Item window

Options
Grimmi
Grimmi
Community Member
edited August 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi, when signing up to a website, i get the Save in 1password option after inputting my email address. If i click on this option before generating and inputting the password, the Save Item window appears, with website name and the username filled with my email address, but at this point, i don't have the option to generate a password. Could you possibly add this as it would make it much more convenient?

1Password Version: N/A
Extension Version: 2.13.0
OS Version: Win10/Win11
Browser: All

Comments

• Hey @Grimmi,

I would suggest filling the email and password fields and then click the 'Save in 1Password' option as this will then capture both of the fields that were filled on the page. Does this work as expected for you?

• Grimmi
    Grimmi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph, that is what i end up doing but sometimes, the message to save in 1password is actually over the password field. OK, you can still click into the password field and enter the password and then save in 1password, but i think what I've requested would be a time saver. Maybe the save in 1password message shouldn't come up after the username field then. I'm sure the option exists within the iOS app (will try to remember to screenshot next time i sign up somewhere.

• Hey @Grimmi,

Thank you for getting back to me, I see where you are coming from.

I have put in a request with out product team containing all of the detail you have provided to see if we can improve the save flow in a future update.

Thank you for your feedback, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: PB34694527

This discussion has been closed.