1Password in a VPN connection

Options
MMNewLook
MMNewLook
Community Member
edited August 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I use Bitdefender VPN to connect with my financial institutions. Is there a way to use 1Password while I am in a Bitdefender VPN session?

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: 2.13
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Edge

Comments

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

I don't see why you couldn't. Are you talking about Bitdefender VPN or Bitdefender Safepay (Bitdefender's browser)?
    If it's Safepay I don't think you can (at least I can't). But just the VPN shouldn't interfere.

• MMNewLook
    MMNewLook
    Community Member
    Options

Hey loggor, Thank you for the reply. You are smarter than I. It is Safepay that I was hoping to use 1Password with. I just assumed Safepay was simply a VPN interface of some sort. I didn't realize it was an actual browser. So, if you don't mind my asking, how do you work around Safepay using 1Password, or do you?

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

@MMNewLook Safepay shows up on top of everything and blocks some stuff for security. You can minimize Safepay, copy what you need from 1Password, and paste it back into Safepay.

• MMNewLook
    MMNewLook
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I thought that might be your answer. HAN day.

• Hey @MMNewLook,

I have put in a request with our product team to see if we can add support for Safepay in a future update. In the meantime, I suggest using the method @loggor suggested or alternatively you can drag and drop credentials from the 1Password app.

I hope this helps!

ref: PB34920676

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles you can't drag and drop there, Safeway shows on top of 1Password and everything else so you can't see the 1Password window.

• My apologies, thank you for letting me know @loggor.

This discussion has been closed.