Unable to clear an old password and log in

Options
KandyKid
KandyKid
Community Member
edited August 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have deleted the login and password, but if I try to change the password, it comes up with the old password.

1Password Version: 8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11 64
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @KandyKid! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble changing a password. Can you tell me a little more about what it is that you're trying to do?

Are you trying to change the password for your 1Password account? Or for a different website? Are you using the 1Password for Windows app or 1Password in the browser?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• KandyKid
    KandyKid
    Community Member
    Options

I am using the Windows password app in Chrome. I think that it is a problem with the Web site. But when I email them, I get no response.

• Hey @KandyKid,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having.

When you go to the login page for the website is 1Password filling your old password or could it be that the old password is saved in Chrome and your browser is trying to fill it for you? If you paste chrome://password-manager/passwords into your address bar followed by the enter key, do you see the old login here?

Are you able to point me at the website so I can do some testing and check things are working as expected on our end?

Thank you!

• KandyKid
    KandyKid
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, that was the problem. Now deleted.

• You're welcome @KandyKid, let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.