Vivaldi on macOS not quite supported?

Options
zcutlip
zcutlip
Community Member
edited August 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi there,

I know you often get questions about the Vivaldi web browser, and I realize it's a more obscure browser, so maybe not the highest priority for support

However, there are a couple of issues I thought it's worth asking about

• Universal autofill doesn't seem to recognize Vivaldi as being a browser, so when the quick access window appears, it doesn't have any suggestions. If I search for a login in quick access, it prompts me to update that specific login to fill in this case, as if Vivaldi is a regular app rather than a browser. (Screenshot attached, but this was a little hard to explain, so let me know if I can clarify)
  • While the Chrome extension does work in Vivaldi, the ⌘+⇧+X hotkey doesn't seem to do anything

Vivaldi & Quick Access Screenshot

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 8.10.9 (81009046)
Extension Version: 2.13.0 (21300009)
OS Version: macOS 13.5
Browser: Vivaldi 6.1.3035.257

Comments

• Hey @zcutlip,

It looks like you have bumped into a couple of known issues when using 1Password in Vivaldi that our team are indeed aware of.

I'm sorry for the disruption. For now, I recommend filling with the 1Password extension from the inline menu. If you still wish to fill with command+\, then the only option to avoid the bug is to use another browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Brave.

I have added you as an affected user to both the Universal Autofill issue and the issue regarding the shortcut to activate the extension. Apologies again for the disruption, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: dev/core/core#19956
    ref: dev/core/core#22599

• zcutlip
    zcutlip
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, no worries! Thank you for confirming @steph.giles

• You're welcome @zcutlip.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.