"Show in Large Type" not working on macos

Options
dcblack56
dcblack56
Community Member
edited August 2023 in Mac

When showing a password (because some I need to type it on another machine that I am not able to use 1PW), I like to use "Show in Large Type." This currently works on my iPhone (iOS) and used to work on my MacBook Pro (macos). But now, for some time (several months) "Show in Large Type" does not work on macos. I hoped an update might fix it, and I was too busy to comment on this.

1Password Version: 8.10.9
Extension Version: 2.13.0
OS Version: macos 13.5
Browser: Brave

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2023
    Options

@dcblack56

Open your 1Password > Settings. Do you have your zoom set above 100%? If so, try reducing it back to 100% Another user (loggor) found that you can adjust the zoom level by using command & + and command & - and it will not break the display of Large Type. Please ensure you set the internal setting back to 100%. It seems like the bug lies with that adjustment within the 1Password > Settings.

Please let me know how this goes. I'd love to get a fixes it for me and further confirmation of loggor's findings. I can confirm it works splendidly for me.

Thanks again @loggor Nice find!

ref: dev/core/core#18395

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

o/

• dcblack56
    dcblack56
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Did not fix my problem. Zoom is at 100%. Show in Large Type does not work.

A short video illustrating my attempts... https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/hwtkj773idjp7mfa7jyox/1P-NoShowLargeType.mp4?rlkey=01d7wi54pvozbsnbqq7card16&dl=0

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

@dcblack56 Go to Settings » Appearance, put the zoom to something like 110%, and back to 100%. See if it changes anything.

• @dcblack56

Let us know if loggor's suggestion above doesn't work for you and we can go from there. 🙂

-Dave

• instagraham
    instagraham
    Community Member
    Options

I have also had this issue since at least early July that persisted after a wipe and reinstall. Resetting zoom to 100% resolved it for me. Specifically going into settings and clicking the "Reset to default" button. The effect was immediate, I had just tried opening a pw in large type, when I failed I found this thread, changed the setting and even before I exited the window just popped into existence.

1Password Version: 8.10.13
    Extension Version: 2.14.2
    OS Version: macos 13.5.1
    Browser: Firefox 117.0

• @instagraham

I'm happy to hear that resetting the zoom allows you to show passwords in large type again. Hopefully our developers can permanently resolve the issue with a future update soon. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

• schrino
    schrino
    Community Member
    Options

This also just worked for me. Likewise once the setting was changed I had about 4 or 5 large type pop ups display all at once.

• @schrino

I'm happy that the suggestion worked for you as well. 🙂

-Dave

• bg20876
    bg20876
    Community Member
    Options

This is still a problem for 1Password for Mac 8.10.24 (81024044). Fortunately, I searched on this issue and discovered this thread. Consequently, I did some testing and found that above 100% zoom (in 1Password for Mac's app settings), the large type window does not open (nothing happens). As soon as the zoom is set to 100% (or below), any large type windows I had attempted to open would then appear.

• @bg20876

I'm sorry that you're running into the same issue, I've let our developers know that you're affected as well.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#18395

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

@bg20876 You can use above 100%. Just use the shortcut keys to increase the zoom and not the menu.

• Thanks for sharing loggor. 🙂

-Dave

• bg20876
    bg20876
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Dave and loggor.

I'm thankful I now recognize and can work around the issue. It's pretty satisfying when the knowledge base conveys helpful information.

Meanwhile, the developers get (or still have) another backlog entry to deal with. 🧑🏻‍💻😃

• I'm happy that the workaround provides you with an option for now until a fix is released. 🙂

-Dave