Autofill not enable

Options
mrKnorring
mrKnorring
Community Member
edited August 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Sometimes the Autofill-button isen't available in the browser extension.

In my case it's an item with the url https://ucsfmychart.ucsfmedicalcenter.org/UCSFMyChart/Authentication/Login

Could it be something with the format of the url? Or is it something with the website itself thus "blocking" the Autofill-button logic?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.14.2
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Edge, chrome

Comments

• Hey @mrKnorring,

The behaviour you are seeing does seem strange, I've tried to reproduce the behaviour using the site you have sent over but I'm having a hard time.

Can you let me know if you are on the login page of the website when you are seeing this behaviour?

Do you experience the same with any other items?

In addition, does the autofill button consistently no show on this item or is it sporadic? Is the behaviour the same after a restart?

Any detail would be really helpful, thank you!

• mrKnorring
    mrKnorring
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph.
    I think it is the only item in my vault that this behavior occurs (but I havent activly tested them all).

If I'm on a neutral site/tab > using my shortcut to open the 1P browser extension > searching for "mychart". Then the Autofill button isn't vilisble. I can't even press [enter] do open the webaddress in a new tab.

If I enter the webaddress directly > using my shortcut to open the 1P browser extension. Then the Autofill-button is visible in the item! But when I press [enter], nothing happens. The form dosen't get filled!
    If I press on the autofill button with mouse curser. Then the autofill works.

• meteor71
    meteor71
    Community Member
    Options

Steph, I just encountered a similar problem this morning right after I updated my "1Password for Safari" app to version 2.14.0. I did not have this problem beforehand. I regularly access several web sites each morning and yesterday, before I installed this morning's update, the autofill feature worked fine on these websites but now I have to copy the information from 1Password (for Mac v8.10.9) and then paste in into my Safari browser page. The keyhole displays in the field but clicking on it no longer brings up suggestions. Until your team comes up with a new version of the 1Password Safari extension, are there any workarounds you might be aware of?

• @meteor71

Can you fully quit your browser and 1Password? Here's how:

Prep:

1. Right-click on 1Password for Safari in your toolbar and toggle off the selection for Integrate with 1Password app and then re-enable it.

Browser and helper:

1. Look for our helper icon in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select Quit.
    2. Quit your browser.
    3. Open your browser and check for proper operation.
  • meteor71
    meteor71
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

I tried your process and found it to be convoluted and not at all easy to memorize and repeat. Sometimes your process works; other times, it doesn't. If I understand your process correctly, the helper icon in the menu bar is what's causing the problem.

On those times, I was able to get your process to work, the 1Password app worked for a bit and then locked itself. Such aggravation! 1Password for Safari worked so much smoother before I "upgraded" it this morning. I have another password manager that I can use until 1Password is fixed. Whenever a new version of 1Password for Safari is uploaded to the Mac App Store, I'll try it again and hope to find this problem fixed in that new version.

• @meteor71

The process should only be a single time to reset the connection between 1Password and 1Password in the browser; it should not be necessary to repeat the process.

Let's get you into an email conversation for additional troubleshooting. Use support+forum@1password.com to email us. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. Can you also collect some logs? Here's how:

The extension console log.
    A diagnostics report.

This discussion has been closed.