How do I enter a complex password in my iWatch using 1Pass?

Options
jazzper21
jazzper21
Community Member
edited August 2023 in Apple Watch

My Apple iCloud password is complex. and saved in 1Pass. Today I noticed when I am in my iWatch settings, there is a "Update Apple ID settings" that is asking for my Apple password. I can't find a way to copy/paste in my password out of 1Pass. I get the prompt on my Phone (to use that as the "keyboard" rather than my watch) - so I put the password in my phone's memory and thought I could paste it in there - but that's not working. I was hoping my watch would prompt me to pull in the password from 1Pass, but it's not :( Any ideas?

1Password Version: 8.10.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOs 16.6
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @jazzper21! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble entering a password on your Apple Watch. I can confirm that I can reproduce the issue on my end and that our developers have investigated. The behaviour that you described is being caused by an issue with iOS itself (and not 1Password) and we've filed a bug report with Apple to have them look into the issue. The issue extends beyond 1Password and affects other password managers using iOS Password AutoFill as well.

For now, the best workaround would be to reveal your Apple ID password using the 1Password app on another device, such as a Mac. Then you can type the password into the "Keyboard Input" field that appears on your iPhone.

I hope that helps. 🙂

-Dave

ref: FB9711875

This discussion has been closed.