Can't get extension to work

Options

My extension in Chrome (116.0.5845.97) has gone on the blink. It's gray on the toolbar even though it is turned on and says "1Password has access to this site." I've tried the steps in the support page-- quitting and restarting 1Password, quitting and restarting the browser, shutting down and restarting the computer. The problem may have started when Chrome recently updated. The extension still suggests new passwords but then says an unexpected error occurred when I try to use them.

1Password Version: 8.10.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @ssacks365! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble with 1Password in the browser. Version 4.7.5.90 is a very old "classic" version of our browser extension and it doesn't work with 1Password 8. I recommend that you remove the classic extension and install our modern 1Password in the browser experience:

Once installed, please restart both the 1Password desktop app and your browser, then let me know if you still see the issue.

-Dave

• ssacks365
    ssacks365
    Community Member
    Options

That worked -- I think I already had the password manager installed along with that old extension. Thanks for the assistance.

• On behalf of Dave, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.