Unusual Failure Mode

Options

I was trying to add a Login item by clicking on "New Item" in the Safari extension window when this happened:

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.12 (81012010)
Extension Version: 2.14.2
OS Version: 13.5 (22G74)
Browser: Safari

Comments

• ja8028beea
    ja8028beea
    Community Member
    Options

I'm getting this as well on Wndows / Firefox but also if I attempt to launch the 1Password app.

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thank you for the report @HFTobeason and @ja8028beea

I've let the team know you encountered this. Can you please confirm the version of 1Password for Mac that you are using?

• ja8028beea
    ja8028beea
    Community Member
    Options

I resolved it by exiting 1Password and starting it again.
    I am using 1Password in the browser 2.13.0 (21300009, on STABLE channel) in Firefox and the main 1Password application is 1Password for Windows/81012034 (EN_US)

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thanks @ja8028beea I appreciate you sharing your details.

ref: dev/core/core#23479

• ja8028beea
    ja8028beea
    Community Member
    Options

I am still having issues with this almost daily using Firefox on Windows, preventing me from creating new items from the Extension. I am happy to provide any additional information to help resolve this. The error message is the same as the one posted in the original message, except that the path points to /AppData/Local/1Password/app/8/resources since I am running Windows.

• @ja8028beea

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. There's a fix for the issue included in the latest beta:

We’ve fixed an issue where the app would show an error if you clicked New Item and chose an item type that isn’t Login in the 1Password browser extension.

Please update to 1Password for Windows 8.10.16-26 and let me know if you still see the issue after updating. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.