Autofill does not start on username field

Options
iHanz
iHanz
Community Member

Can't seem to find info on this. For login, websites more and more seem to adopt the way of working of first showing the username field, and not showing the password field until the username is filled in. In IOS, autofill unfortunately is not triggered on the username. So this requires manual fill in or manual copy paste. In the yoyfull event both user and pwd fields are shown simultaneously, a click in the pwd field brings up autofill and this then also deals with the user field. So much easier. Is it somehow possible to launch autofill on a username field in ios? Anyone working on this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• iHanz
    iHanz
    Community Member
    Options

Oh: 1Password for iOS 8.10.12 81012034, on PRODUCTION channel
    On ios 16.6
    Iphone 12 mini

• Hello @iHanz! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble filling a login into certain apps. On the iPhone AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS and 1Password only provides the data for the experience. iOS will detect the username and password fields in an app and then will relay the app's associated domain to 1Password, 1Password will find the appropriate Login item using that associated domain and then send the username and password to iOS which will then fill those credentials into the app.

I know that certain apps, especially if they use a "two page" login process where the username and password are on separate pages, can cause iOS Password AutoFill difficulty. I recommend that you reach out to the developer of the app in question so that they can investigate why Password AutoFill isn't detecting the username and password fields in their app.

In the meantime, you can drag and drop the username or password from 1Password into the app in question: Get to know 1Password for iOS - Use 1Password to fill in other apps

I hope that helps!

-Dave

• iHanz
    iHanz
    Community Member
    Options

Thx Dave, yeah thought as much that it is IOS not recognizing the username field as something that wants to launch the pwd app. It's mostly Microsoft that bugs me. Need to login in multiple tenants and they all want to reauthenticate sooo often. This two page login they came up with is not helpful with that. Too bad! Thx Hanz

• I've started using the password field myself.

This discussion has been closed.