When tapping on an item in a category only a blank screen appears

Options
LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member
edited August 2023 in iOS

v8.10.14 has a major problem...at least for me. I tried a complete new install, but it's still occurring. The "first" time I open any category and tap on any item, I get the following, instead of the item I tapped.

If I tap back one level and select that same item again (or any other item), it's correctly displayed. This only happens the "first" time opening any item in any category. I'm seeing this both on my iPhone 14 Pro (with the developer iOS 17 beta) and also with my wife's iPhone 14 Pro (with the current production version of iOS). If it was just on my iPhone with the beta, I'd say that was the culprit...but it's not.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

UPDATE: It’s going from bad to worse. Now, I am getting that screen about half the time I click on an item. I was going to try going back to the 1Password beta build, but now the iOS beta is full.

• Hello @LarryMcJ! 👋

I'm sorry that items are intermittently not being displayed on your and your wife's iPhone. So that we can investigate this further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser: Not Provided

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P - oddly, I came back here to post that I had figured out the culprit, and couldn’t find this thread. But now it’s showing up under My Discussions. Strange.

If you still want a diagnostic report, I’ll be happy to provide it. However, the cause is not anything to do with 1Password, but the latest iOS 17 developer beta. I thought it wasn’t at first, but it definitely is. Everything worked fine with the previous beta 6, but after 7, this problem manifested. Sorry to bother you 😞.

• @LarryMcJ I saw the same behavior today and I am on the public beta. I did not find a set of steps to reproduce. It happened so quick for me I almost missed it. If you like you can email them to us or list them here. We can file something with the team just to be on the safe side.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

For me it occurs so often I don’t have to worry about trying to reproduce it. Reproducing it is the norm. So odd that beta 6 worked with it, but beta 7 did not. Oh well, Tuesday will bring beta 8 and hopefully fix it.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

@ag_tommy - Is there any chance the 1Password iOS beta might fix this issue? If so, I’ll start checking it a few times daily and try to get in. It’s currently full.

• @LarryMcJ

As far as I'm aware this isn't a known issue so we'd need to investigate further. If you're able to reproduce the issue again and then sent in a diagnostics report using my instructions from earlier then the team would be happy to take a look.

-Dave

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

I've checked with several colleagues and also my wife, all running 1P 8.10.14 and they're not having the issue, nor are they using the iOS 17 beta. I'm convinced this is because I'm using the iOS 17 beta 7. I did not have this issue with iOS 17 beta 1-6...only 7. Beta 8 should drop on Tuesday, I'll see if it clears up. No sense your team wasting time chasing something that's not broken on your side, but actually caused by the iOS beta. If I can ever grab a slot in the 1P iOS beta, I'll try that but it stays full all the time.

On second thought, I'll go ahead and send a diagnostics report anyway just in case someone wants to look at it.

• @LarryMcJ

I just saw your diagnostics report come in. One of my colleagues will review it and get back to you, via email, with our findings as soon as possible. To keep the conversation in one spot I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: QCB-89833-579

This discussion has been closed.