Feature Request: Support Kiwi Browser for Autofill

Options
Aksh2023
Aksh2023
Community Member

Kiwi Browser is quite popular but unfortunately 1Password Autofill doesn't support it. It'll be really great to have it in my favourite browser. I tried but can't switch the browser :( others just didn't fit for me.

1Password Version: 8.10.12
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13
Browser: Kiwi Browser

Comments

• Aksh2023
    Aksh2023
    Community Member
    Options

Stock Android 13. 1Password 8.10.12 . Kiwi Browser.

I have clearly defined websites in each item. Despite that, only those items show up in autofill suggestions with which I have logged in using Kiwi browser at least once (i.e. Kiwi is a linked app to that item) and also it doesn't seem to match items with the opened website.

As clearly seen in this screenshot, it is suggesting Reddit account on Yahoo login website.

However, this behaviour is not observed in Chrome browser, where it works fine as expected, even though I have set Kiwi as the default. Also, Kiwi is based on Chromium as well so I guess it should be working fine but there seems to be some incompatibility.

1Password Version: 8.10.12
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Android 13
    Browser: Kiwi Browser

• Hi @Aksh2023, thanks for writing in! I've merged your two threads as there will be some crossover between the two questions.

1Password for Android will Autofill as expected in supported browsers. Supported browsers include: Brave, Chrome, DuckDuckGo, Edge, Firefox, Samsung Internet, and Vivaldi. In unsupported browsers, 1Password may not offer any filling, or will treat the browser like a non-browser app. As Kiwi is not supported, it is treated as a non-browser app.

With the latter, 1Password doesn't "see" that you're on Yahoo.com, or any other website in Kiwi, only that you're using Kiwi, and will therefore suggest any items linked to that app.

While I can't make any promises about the development of 1Password, I'd be happy to share your interest in filling support for Kiwi with the team. It can be helpful to include personal insight with the feature requests we file. So, if you'd like to share any specifics as to why you prefer Kiwi over other supported browsers, I'd be happy to pass that along. Thanks again!

• Aksh2023
    Aksh2023
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, @ag_timothy .

Desktop Chrome Extensions is the main feature why I prefer it over other browsers. While most desktop extensions work great, somehow 1Password extension didn't work.

Also some other minor yet unique customisations here and there suit me as well. One of them is the ability to set a custom URL homepage.

Thanks for consideration.

• Thanks for including those details @Aksh2023.

As noted, I can't say if or when support for Kiwi will be added, but I've submitted a feature request on your behalf with the feedback you shared.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

• ezekielf
    ezekielf
    Community Member
    edited February 10
    Options

I would also very much like it if Kiwi could be whitelisted so it is recognized as a browser app. Having to open 1password and search for the site name every time I need to log in is frustrating.

• tempura
    tempura
    Community Member
    Options

Hi! I would like to extend this plea for support to Waterfox. The user experience for unsupported browsers is frankly not pleasant, with the browsers being treated as non-browser apps :/

• Hi @ezekielf and @tempura

I've gone ahead and forwarded both of your feedback to our Product team. As @ag_timothy mentioned, while we can't make any promises or share a timeline, I can assure you the feedback will be reviewed and taken into consideration.

ref: PB-38295542
    ref: PB-38295629