User vault permissions

Options
moonpup
moonpup
Community Member
edited August 2023 in Families

I noticed when setting permissions for a family user on the shared vault, I only wanted them to have 'View' permissions. When I went to modify their account, it showed View & Edit in the screen shot below, even though only View is selected.

My take on this, is that the verbiage by the gear icon should only show View and not View & Edit when looking at this menu. Can this behavior be changed so that the wording by the gear icon shows what is actually selected without having to click the gear to actually see what's selected?

_1Password Version: 8.10.13
_Extension Version: 2.14.1
_OS Version: Mac Ventura 13.5.1
_Browser: Firefox 117

Comments

• Hey @Moonpup

If you close the pop-up (click the gear after making the choice) does the correct messaging show?

• moonpup
    moonpup
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hey there Tommy,

If I select 'Allow Managing' and then click out, the gear icon text will change to 'Full Access'

Regardless of any other individual change I make, it will always change to 'View & Edit'. I would expect to only see 'View' by the gear icon when only that one of the three choices is selected.

As an FYI, this is in regards to the family 'Shared' vault.

moonpup

• @moonpup

Interesting. Can you clarify a few things? I actually brought this up before the team yesterday and we could not reproduce. You've got me scratching my head a bit. You said shared. Is this a shared vault you created? Or the default shared in a family account?

An initial thought was perhaps you had a much older account that had different permissions. So I used my account from back in the early alpha days of memberships and I could not reproduce. To avoid sharing your details here in the community can you send me additional screenshots? Hopefully they will illuminate the situation. Feel free to use the same email thread we had going yesterday on your other issue.

Thanks.

• moonpup
    moonpup
    Community Member
    Options

Hey there @ag_tommy

Sorry to say, I'm not a pack rat and no longer have that email thread ;)

Could you initiate the email again?

Thanks!

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2023
    Options

I've got you. Give me just a couple of minutes.

This discussion has been closed.