Firefox 117.0 on Windows 11: no more autofill

Options

Hi Team,

I upgraded my Firefox installation yesterday from 116.x to 117.0, and the autofil feature of 1Password extension has stopped working.

Thanks

Comments

• abandonedbrain
    abandonedbrain
    Community Member
    Options

Came here for the same issue. I do note that only the autofill done with the 1P icon in the page fields isn't working for me; the one in the extension bar autofills fine when I click it. Restarted browser, restarted computer. Doesn't work correctly in Private browsing, either. Using 2.14.1 version of the extension in Firefox 117.0, Windows 11 with latest CU updates for August.

• Hey @datakid, @abandonedbrain,

I'm sorry for the trouble. Can you let me know if it works after a fresh install?

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose 'Remove Extension'
    2. Install a fresh copy from here: Get 1Password in your browser

If this doesn't help, can you send over a console log from the extension and a diagnostics report so we can take a closer look at what may be going wrong? Here's how:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• datakid
    datakid
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Team, thanks for the update. Looks like a reboot (?!?!?!?!) was enough to get it working again over the weekend. I did notice this AM when I opened a new profile in Fx that it happened - but again, restarting that profile was enough to help it kick over. Appreciate the quick response.

• Hi @datakid,

Thank you for the update, that's interesting.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all!

• datakid
    datakid
    Community Member
    Options

Just confirming that the FX extension, in a secondary profile, requires auth, then the secondary profile window be closed and re-opened, and re-auth'd, to work.

This discussion has been closed.