Disaster recovery if a region is inaccessible

Options
taustell30
taustell30
Community Member
edited August 2023 in Business and Teams

Unable to see if this was already answered, but in the chance of a natural disaster or perhaps an issue at one of the sites (Virginia, Canada, or Germany), is there a secondary or information sync between sites?
So in the event of our designated site going down we do not completely lose services.
What type of disaster recovery is there?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @taustell30,

I'm Scott on the 1Password support team. It's nice to meet you.

Thanks for asking about our disaster recovery plans here at 1Password. We use Amazon AWS for our server storage. This features a continuous backup system that allows us to roll back our service, and backup data is stored in multiple physical locations (availability zones) within each region.

The 1Password apps also maintain a local copy of all account data you have access to. This provides "offline" access to the data last synced from our service if the connection to our servers is ever lost, such as when you're not connected to the internet.

In other words, you're protected, even if a physical disaster at one of our server locations were to happen. I'm also glad to share that while 1Password server data is stored in multiple physical locations, it never leaves the region in which it was created.

I hope this information helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

This discussion has been closed.