Login Information Not Populating In App

Options
larrybreit
larrybreit
Community Member
edited September 2023 in iOS

I created an account with Princess Cruises on my desktop (Windows 10). I then downloaded the Princess MedallionClass app to my iPhone 12. When I try to sign in, 1Password doesn't find the login data unless I manually type in "Princess". At that point, I tap on the saved login and it doesn't populate the user id nor password. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: 8.10.14
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.6
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @larrybreit! 👋

On the iPhone AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS through an Apple feature named iOS Password AutoFill and 1Password only provides the data for the experience. Password AutoFill will match the apps that you use to your login items in 1Password by taking the associated domain associated with an app and comparing it against the website URL in your login items. If there is a match then Password AutoFill will offer to fill your login information.

If your login item is not being suggested for a particular app then you'll need to add the app's associated domain to your login item in 1Password. When you tap on the username or password field in an app you'll see the Password AutoFill prompt appear (above your keyboard), tap on the prompt and then search for the appropriate login item. Then, tap on that Login Item and tap Fill & Update Login.

1Password will add the app’s associated domain to the Login Item so that, the next time you try to login to that app, Password AutoFill will suggest the right login.

Let me know if you're not seeing Fill & Update Login after you tap on the login item for Princess Cruises.

At that point, I tap on the saved login and it doesn't populate the user id nor password.

What happens when you tap on the saved login? Does it just return you to the Princess MedallionClass app without filling anything? Or do you see an error message? If you open the main 1Password app from your iPhone's home screen then do you see the correct username and password saved there?

-Dave

• larrybreit
    larrybreit
    Community Member
    Options

Dave, I am not seeing the Fill & Update Login.

When I do tap on the saved login, it does return to the app but doesn't populate the user id and password. If I open 1Password from the phone home screen, the correct information is there.

• Dave_1P
    edited September 2023
    Options

@larrybreit

Thank you for the reply. It sounds like the app that you're using isn't compatible with Password AutoFill, the iOS technology that 1Password relies upon to fill a login into another app. You can contact the developer of the app in question to have look into adding support for Password AutoFill. Here are Apple's developer pages for Password AutoFill that you can forward to the app's developer:

In the meantime, you can drap and drop your username and password from the main 1Password app into the MedallionClass app: Use 1Password to fill in other apps

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.