To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

What happens to my data if I do not renew?

Options
rcox1963
rcox1963
Community Member
edited September 2023 in Memberships

I was told here a few days ago that I cannot export my 1password data using my iPhone. I want to try Proton Pass.

I manually copied/pasted my active logins and deprecated the inactive logins (moving them each into vaults called Proton Pass and Deprecated. So, 15 years of data is still sitting in 1Password iOS.

If I go with Proton Pass I would not renew 1Password. I cannot export that data. So, what will happen when I no longer renew/upgrade 1Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rcox1963,

While your account is frozen, you can still view all your items, copy your passwords, and even copy items to vaults outside your account. But you won’t be able to:

• Add new items to vaults
    • Edit items
    • Invite people to your family or team
    • Fill items in your browser

If you would like to remove the data from the account entirely, you would need to delete the account which you can do using the below steps:

1. Open https://start.1password.com/support in a browser, enter the email address your account is under, and click Continue.
    2. Click the blue button in the email you receive to view your account(s).
    3. Click the account you want to delete.
    4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and confirm you'd like to delete the account by clicking delete account.
  • rcox1963
    rcox1963
    Community Member
    Options

I want to export the data from my account so I have an archive but I only have an iPhone which you do not allow to export data.

If you will just leave my data frozen but accessible to me in 1Password in perpetuity that will have to suffice.

I am a longtime 1Password customer but now I see no reason to pay AgileBits when Proton gives me a better product as a free add-on to my paid Proton email account.

• If you will just leave my data frozen but accessible to me in 1Password in perpetuity that will have to suffice.

Your data will be accessible (and exportable) even if your account is frozen, so no need to worry there!

If you ever feel like coming back to 1Password, you know where to find us. We really do appreciate your support throughout the years, and we wish you the best. 💙

This discussion has been closed.