Can you help me understand why the suggestions don't put /git to the top?

Options

Looking through the forum this seems to be a repeated discussion, I'm hoping 1Password community to help me get this annoyance sorted.

I have a git repo at "domain.com/git". I have multiple other sites at "domain.com/NAME".

The entry in 1P for /git is identical to the login page URL, however it is never at the top of the list. On some sites that have more logins, I have to scroll down to find it each time and its tedious.

Each entry in the suggested list has the website URL matching its name, with "exact" autofill enabled.

The entry I'm wanting it to match with has the correct URL /git/user/login

1Password Version: 8.10.13
Extension Version: 2.14.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately 1Password only matches domain names, not full URLs (paths are ignored).

There are several feature requests to add this, but those have not been implemented.

• lazynooblet
    lazynooblet
    Community Member
    Options

That is a real shame. Reading through forum posts I do in fact see others reporting the same issue, over years! There must be a reason it hasn't been developed, like some sort of clash with 1Password managements vision.

• Hey @lazynooblet,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I have added your vote to the internal request to support exact URL matching.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

ref: PB35665051

• lazynooblet
    lazynooblet
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Steph. I shan't hold my breath though :)

• @lazynooblet, you're welcome.

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist with.

This discussion has been closed.