To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't login to app, but (i think) password is correct.

Options
bezborody
bezborody
Community Member

Can't login into app, but i think password is correct, i use it every 2 weeks. And can't restore access to account, its individual account. Also lost access with touch/face ID on apple devices, because tried to remember password.
I have secret key, can confirm e-mail etc. Please, help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.4
Browser: arc, chrome, app, ios

Comments

• Hi @bezborody,

While Face ID and Touch ID can be a convenient way to access your data, it is not designed as a replacement for your account password. When you enable them, 1Password stores in the iOS Keychain an obfuscated version of a secret that is equivalent to your account password. The secret is used to unlock 1Password when your face or fingerprint is recognized. When Face ID or Touch ID fails or is disabled (due to rebooting your device, too many failed attempts, a pre-determined time configured in the settings, iOS update, etc.), the secret is deleted from the device's Keychain so your account password will need to be re-entered manually in order for Face ID or Touch ID to be able to use it again - this needs to be done from within the 1Password app, and thus requires you knowing your password.

Your account password and Secret Key are used to decrypt your 1Password data. Because your privacy and security are our priority, they're stored on your device and are never sent to us.

Let’s help you try to find your account password:

1. Is 1Password currently unlocked on any of your devices? If so, you may be able to locate your account details by following these steps:

1. Open 1Password to the list of all your items.
    2. Search for an item named "1Password Account”.
    3. Click or tap “'Reveal”' on the password field to see the password for your account.

Your Secret Key is saved in the same item.

2. You can follow our forgot password article.
    If the password entered isn’t being accepted, this article can help. If you’ve ever changed your password, try previous ones. If you can unlock the 1Password app, but you can’t sign into your account in your browser, we can help you copy your data to a new account.

If you're still running into issues after the above, we will be happy to help you with this - to avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support@1password.com/support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.