Deauthorize Trusted Devices not appearing in beta app

Options

The release notes for 8.10.16-15 note: "You can now deauthorize trusted devices in the app. In Manage Accounts, choose your account > Trusted Devices and Browsers and click Deauthorize to remove unused devices." However, I'm not finding that option in either Windows or MacOS.

1Password Version: 8.10.16-15
Extension Version: 2.14.2
OS Version: macOS Ventura 13.5.1
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @Duke_JayG! 👋

I'm sorry that you're not seeing the Trusted Devices and Browsers feature in 1Password 8. To help me better understand the situation I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

Please make sure that nothing sensitive it visible in the screenshot.

-Dave

• Duke_JayG
    Duke_JayG
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P thanks, from my Mac this is what I'm seeing:
    and also:

Based on what the post said: "You can now deauthorize trusted devices in the app. In Manage Accounts, choose your account > Trusted Devices and Browsers and click Deauthorize to remove unused devices." I would have expected to see it in the second shot, and even in the third it's not evident that you need to click Details to finally expose what's needed. So, in short, the Blog post isn't providing all the information required to find this, and you can't do so from the menu bar at the top of the screen (image 1) which is also confusing.

• ag_tommy
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Duke_JayG

Tap/Click on "Your Details" because this is specific to you I believe is the intended thinking. It would not be available to you in the main view. It will be on the next screen. I'll admit we had a discussion on this this morning. Apologies for the trouble locating the item. We'll see what we can do to make the items more findable.

• Duke_JayG
    Duke_JayG
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy thanks, and as I noted in my previous reply, I did find it, it's just the blurb in the update about the release didn't go far enough in the directions on where to find it. All good now.

• Apologies, I edited my post to reflect that. :) I got carried away with the submit button a bit early.

• @Duke_JayG

The team is working to redo the wording to clarify the needed steps.

• Duke_JayG
    Duke_JayG
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Excellent, now if only it wasn't a single delete at a time both here and in the admin console. I'd love a "delete anything before this date" option :). Stale browser items build up quickly over time with multiple devices.

This discussion has been closed.