Removing duplicates on iOS

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hundreds of duplicates.

Comments

• wge
    wge
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi the 1password team and community,

I’m posting here to avoid creating duplicates, although I’m quite new on the forum, so despite a quick search and review of posts, it might not be the ideal place, please don’t mind saying if this is the case.

I have the same issue as briankrock, having multiple duplicates resulting from both 1password version migration and iCloud import (with tags, following 1password recommended workaround).

From the posts I’ve seen, the 1password is very conservative on how to handle those, which I totally understand; but I’m not looking for a tool to deal with them automatically, even just revealing ‘these items are for the same website’, or “these items share the same ID/Password couple” would be of great help to deal with them. Do you know if it is possible on iOS ?

I’ve switched from Mac to iPad+keyboard lately, and have therefore only access to iOS version (+windows/web occasionally)

Many thanks

• Hello @wge! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing duplicate items. 1Password 8 doesn't currently include a duplicate identifier/remover and any duplicates that you have will need to be identified and resolved manually.

Are the items imported from iCloud tagged uniquely? If they are then you can go through each of those items, searching for a duplicate and deleting that duplicate after making sure that the tagged item has all of the information needed, and then remove the tag once you've confirmed that there are no leftover duplicate items. This will allow you to go through the items imported from iCloud one by one.

Regarding the other duplicates, can you please tell me the following:

1. Do you see the duplicates when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?
    2. Are the duplicates all in the same vault? Or are they in different vaults?

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.