Using Passkeys with Safari and 1Password

Options
Chicago_Joe
Chicago_Joe
Community Member

I'm running 1Password 8.10.16, beta. It has passkey support. However, every website that I go do to sign up for a Passkey using iCloud passwords Passkey, and not 1Password. How do I force websites to use 1Password and not iCloud passwords?

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.5.1
Browser: Safari

Comments

• r8ders2k
    r8ders2k
    Community Member
    Options

So, the websites you go to, Safari/1Password isn't offering you the option to use a passkey? As both eBay and Best Buy, I was offered to use 1Password.

• Hey there @Chicago_Joe

You'll need to be running both the beta version of the main 1Password app (as you've mentioned) and the beta of 1Password in the browser.

Take a look at the following article to find out how to make sure both are installed:

Use 1Password beta releases

For Safari, you'll need to join the TestFlight programme to be able to get the beta.

I can see you've already emailed us about this, so if you do in fact have both beta versions installed, then stand by for a reply from the team by email to help you troubleshoot this further.

I hope this helps. If you get it working before you get a reply by email, let me know. :)

— Grey

This discussion has been closed.