Copying the 1Password extension password cache

Options

Is it possible to copy the 1Password extension password cache from one computer to another? On one computer, network access to the 1Password's cloud is blocked. How can I download or copy a data with passwords? Maybe there is a cache file?
Question about extensions for Chrome and Safari on Mac.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member
    Options

I found it for edge, can someone tell me where the 1Password for Safari database is located?

• Hey @Spn13,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Anywhere that you can sign in to 1Password.com you will have access to all of your 1Password data without need to copy or download it. So I can best advise, can you explain what you mean when you say:

On one computer, network access to the 1Password's cloud is blocked.

Thanks in advance!

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member
    Options

The problem is that network access to 1Password.com is blocked on the work network. I can copy files from my home computer and thereby transfer the data to my work computer.
    For the Desktop application and the Edge extension I found the files (~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data/ and ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft Edge/Default/IndexedDB/chrome-extension_dppgmdbiimibapkepcbdbmkaabgiofem_0 .indexeddb.leveldb and the transfer works), I can’t find it for the Safari extension. Is it possible to tell me where the base for Safari is located?

• Hey @Spn13,

Thanks for getting back to me. The way you are currently using 1Password isn't a method we would advise, 1Password in the browser requires a connection to 1Password.com to fully function.

My best advice here instead of attempting to copy your data between devices would be to contact your IT department and ask if they will allow access to 1Password.com.

That way your data will always be up to date as opposed to having to copy the data across every time you make a change or save a new password.

Let us know if you have any questions!

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member
    Options

I understand you, but unfortunately I have no other options for using 1P on my work computer. I understand all the difficulties and risks of such a decision.
    If the location of the file is a secret, please say so. If not, please guide the way. This will save me time searching :) I've had a 1P license for years, if that matters.

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member
    Options

The issue is resolved.

This discussion has been closed.