Why are my Driver's License showing up on Suggestions?

Options

Every time I open up my 1Password browser quick access. It shows suggested items, which is great...but my Driver's Licenses are always shown too for every website. How do I stop this and only have it suggest the website logins that are relevant?

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: 2.14.1
OS Version: macOS 13.4.1
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

You did create your driver's licenses as identity items within 1Password, not as driver's license item from the driver's license category. Items with the driver's license category have a red icon with a car on it, but the green items you showed is the icon for identity items.
    Identity items have the magic property they are offered for generic autofill, so this is the explanation for the behavior you see. To fix this, you might want to recreate your driver's licenses as new items from the driver's license category.

• happycappie
    happycappie
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

It's quite a nuisance that 1Password suggests passport details when filling out standard web forms. For example, even submitting this ticket the passport records saved in 1Password were presented when completing the Title field.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.13
    Extension Version: 2.14.1
    OS Version: macOS 13.5.2
    Browser: Chrome

• Hey @happycappie,

Can you let me know how you have your passport details saved? Are these saved within a passport item type or are they saved in an identity item?

1Password will suggest details from an Identity item which is generally quite useful when filling out sign up forms.

Any detail you can provide would be really helpful.

• Hey @ZA1166,

Identity items will always appear beneath suggestions as a convenient way to fill forms. As @Tertius3 has suggested, adding these details as specific Drivers License items will stop them from appearing here.

Let us know if you would like a hand with the steps!

• happycappie
    happycappie
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, they are Identity cards, which we use for Global entry details and another important ID card. Is it possible to set those specific Identity records to be excluded from Autofill? They are in 1Password for safe keeping and easy reference while traveling, but there is never a situation in which they need to be auto-filled in a web form.

• ag_tommy
    edited September 2023
    Options

@happycappie

Identity type items are specially used to fill in forms. The best suggestion I can offer is to recreate the item as a passport type entry which is not suggested on forms.

• I've merged a couple of topics as they are closely related.

• happycappie
    happycappie
    Community Member
    Options

is there a way to convert Identity to Passport so that I don't need to copy over 10 fields for 5 family members manually?

• Hey @happycappie,

I'm afraid there isn't currently a way to convert an item type. My best recommendation would be to sign in to 1Password.com in two browser windows and copy and paste the information between them.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.