Not easy to tell who owns what login records with unique email usernames

Options

!Password needs to tweak its login record fields to better handle unique auto-generated email addresses (Apple Hide My Email, etc.). I am using these for all new accounts now and soon may convert every online account in 1Password to use them. The issue is that when you start putting unique auto-generated email addresses in the username field (which one has to do since that is what 1Password users for auto-fill), it is no longer easy to tell whose login record is whose in a list of login records in a family account. You search for something and get a list of results and the username that shows up below the record name is just a random email address. I can't directly look at that and know it's mine vs. another family member. Yes I can look at what vault it is in, but that takes more steps. I need to be able to see this info at a glance for all search results.

Suggested fix for this -- add an option "owner" field to the login record that if present, replaces the username shown below the record name in search results. Or could be displayed in addition to the user name, although I don't want to have to expand the pane showing the search results to see a long email username + owner subheading.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @JohnNeil,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Have you tried editing the title of the items to help your to differentiate them? Here's how:

1. Locate the item in your 1Password and click 'Edit'
    2. Change the title to include the owners name
    3. Click Save

Let me know how you get on and if this helps at all.

This discussion has been closed.