[Urgent] Vault that was created after import

Options
hbteamobi
hbteamobi
Community Member

Hi admin,
After I joined a family, I started importing a .1pux file to import my passwords. After that, a new vault was created. But... when I went to manage access to this vault. It says, "All family organizers can also manage this vault.". What? I want to ask a question: Can the family manager access this vault? can that add other people, add people, or delete this vault? This is my created vault.

1Password Version: 8.10.13
Extension Version: 2.14.1
OS Version: Window 11
Browser: Edge

Comments

• Hi @hbteamobi,

The Private vault is one of the default vaults built into 1Password Family accounts (the other being the family-wide "Shared" vault). Only the user can access their Private vault. Each member of the family gets one such vault for their personal/private items. Any other vaults that get created by users can be accessed and modified by those with family organizer privileges.

In other words: any items you wish to keep secret/private from other family members can be put in your Personal/Private vault. Putting items in any other vault will mean family organizers could assign themselves - or anyone else - read or read/write permissions to the vault it's in.

Because of the power granted to family organizers, I strongly recommend that you only join a family account with/grant the role of family organizer to very close family members that you trust. If a customer's family situation is such that they are not certain their data will be safe with these permissions in the hands of the family organizers, I would suggest they instead create an individual account where they have full control of their own data.

• hbteamobi
    hbteamobi
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_josephine Thank you for your reply, I understand. But I see a problem. When I imported a .1pux file, it automatically created a new vault. Why it does not import to private? It makes me confused.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@hbteamobi

A 1PUX file may contain many vaults. When you import a 1PUX, all vaults within it are created anew during the import. This separates them, and the items contained within each, from any existing vaults you have have with the same names.

This discussion has been closed.