one password browser extention in chrome hangs before promping for my login

Options
srun
srun
Community Member
edited September 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

one password browser extention in chrome hangs before promping for my login. I've been killing 1pass backrund process with task manager as a work around as instructed by 1pass support for months now. When is this going to be fixed ? See below for aditional version infor. Thanks. Steve

1Password Version: 8.10.13
Extension Version: 1.14.1
OS Version: win 8
Browser: chrome

Comments

• Hey @srun,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with 1Password in the browser. I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• srun
    srun
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Steph. I've attaced a screen shot of the locked 1Password browser extension. Note that clicking the Open 1Password button is not responding so no login screen is available. There is also no full 1 Password window displayed. I also cant access the 1 Password settings to create a diagnostic report because the 1 Password screen is locked. I have included a console log however. Note that killing a 1Password background process via task manager is a workaround that will free up the login screen . Thanks Steve

• CJStylesOrg
    CJStylesOrg
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

This also happens for me as well until I go ahead and press the icon extension on the toolbar and it shows up. Tested this on twitch and the amount of time it took just for it to show the icon in the email field to prompt for my login is unreal. It was not like this weeks ago.

1Password Desktop Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.15 (81015001)
    1Password Extension Version: 1Password in the browser 2.15.0 21500002, on STABLE channel
    Broswer: Microsoft Edge | Version: 117.0.2045.31
    Windows 11 Version: 22H2 (OS Build 22621.2283)

• Hey @srun,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Do you mean you sent the screenshot via email? I am unable to see it. If you sent over the details can you shared your Support ID number so I can locate your ticket?

Thank you!

@CJStylesOrg,

If you are still experiencing issues with 1Password in your browser loading can you also send over the logs as requested above so we can take a closer look?

Thanks in advance.

• srun
    srun
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Steph.

For your reference, this is your support ID:

[#RLM-45482-227]

I'm also speaking with Josh Davila
    Customer Experience @ 1Password Extensions
    https://support.1password.com/

• srun
    srun
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steven,

Thanks for contacting 1Password Support, my name is Josh and I will be happy to help you!

According to the logs you sent over, it looks like something is blocking 1Password in your browser from
    The following is an email conversation I had with Josh Davila of 1Password support:

connecting to the 1Password app for Windows. To help troubleshoot this, please answer the following questions.

Are you using a VPN, adblocker, anti-virus, or on a managed work device?
    Do you have the 1Password app opened and signed in?
    While I wait for your reply, please follow the steps below to reset the 1Password extensions integration with the app:

Sign into the 1Password app
    Open your browser
    Right click on the 1Password Extension
    Click settings
    Under the 'General' tab, please turn off Integrate with 1Password app
    Restart your browser and follow steps 2-5 to turn this setting back on
    If this doesn't work, please follow our in depth guide on how to reset the connection between the 1Password app and extension: If the 1Password browser extension doesn’t unlock when you unlock the 1Password app

I look forward to your reply!

Josh Davila
    Customer Experience @ 1Password Extensions
    https://support.1password.com/

Hello Josh:
    Thanks for contacting me. See answers to your questions below.

Are you using a VPN, adblocker, anti-virus, or on a managed work device?
    No VPN or ad blockers. Anti-virus turned off. Not on a managed work device.
    Do you have the 1Password app opened and signed in?
    Yes, when I open and sign into the 1Password app, the 1Password browser extension always lets me sign in.

I tried steps 1-5 of your instructions . When I open and sign into the 1Password app, the 1Password browser extension always lets me sign in. .
    When I exit the 1Password app , the 1Password browser extension intermittently freezes before It lets me login.

Do I have to be running and logged into the 1Password app before the 1Password browser extension will let me sign in ? Is that a requirement ?
    Thanks. Steve

support ID:

[#RLM-45482-227]

• Thank you for sharing @srun, I have located your support ticket.

Let's continue troubleshooting over email.

ref: RLM-45482-227

• srun
    srun
    Community Member
    Options

what's your email Steph ?

• Hey @srun,

I'm sorry for the delayed response. We used a shared inbox so I can see the conversation you are having with my colleague via support@1password.com.

This discussion has been closed.