1Password with Chrome weekly updates and desktop integration is pain

Options

Recently Chrome started shipping weekly security updates (a good thing!): https://security.googleblog.com/2023/08/an-update-on-chrome-security-updates.html

However, this means that users of the desktop integration (for Touch ID) have an even worse user experience than before...

Instead of 1Password refusing to work with touch ID every few weeks now it happens weekly! This is a huge pain in the neck because as a power user I use multiple browser profiles, multiple incognito windows, many windows in general, etc as part of my normal workflow. I have family members that I've onboarded to 1Password as well and they have come to hate 1Password because they like to leave their browser windows open for a long time and get annoyed when they can't use touch ID.

When will 1Password come up with a solution that better balances security with usability? With major players (Apple...) entering this space very soon it's even more critical than ever that 1Password be a delight to use, as well as a secure tool.

Please either come up with a better solution to this problem or allow users to opt out of the signature checks. This is a frequent pain point and each time a Chrome update has broken 1Password desktop integration, I'm one step closer to giving up on it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

This discussion has been closed.