To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I can't convert from Safeincloud to 1Password (mrc-converter) [Solved]

Options
j3sulito
j3sulito
Community Member
edited September 2023 in Memberships

Hello!

Thank you for this great program, I hope I can use it :)

Right now I'm using SafeInCloud on Mac (version 22.3.6).
I have tried many things to convert my Safeincloud database to 1Password (using first method and second method for Mac) but none of them work.
The result is that it exports all the items but as safe notes.
If I choose "-a" it exports the fields but since they are not matching, in 1Password it does not work when filling in passwords.
It seems that the problem is line 226.

Another thing is that I have seen that the file exported from SafeInCloud contains attachments but if I use "--with_attachments" it seems that it does not accept that argument. I would love it if you could export attachments and associate them (it would save me a lot of work....)

Could someone help me?

Thank you! Regards!

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: macOS Sonoma 14.0 (23A339)
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hey @MrC could you take a look at this one? Thank you!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@julia.v_1P

I'm looking at this now...

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@j3sulito

I'm sorry for the delay.

Regarding the error you received in the converter's output. I've resolved this. This was simply a case where some (likely custom template-based) records do not contain "symbols" (which the converter refers to as icons). The warning is harmless, but see below for why the symbol is important.

Regarding attachments, as per your request, I just added support to this converter for file attachments and images. The converter will convert and store these in a folder tree, these, and you will be able to use the --with-attachments option to import them into 1Password 8.

Regarding all of your records being detected as Secure Notes. Because Safe In Cloud does not export a record's "type" (what 1Password calls a Category), this converter uses a couple of heuristics to determine the category. It evaluates how many field labels are matched against the converter's category table, and it uses the record's "symbol" (i.e. icon) as a hint.

If you have modified the stock templates, or created your own custom templates, then the converter needs to be customized to suit your needs. I'd be happy to help you with this, but will need your help to learn how you've modified the templates. We can work online here, or offline via email (email is easier, but it's your choice).

In brief, the converter contains a table of categories, and each entry contains a list of fields expected within the category. These field names are used to attempt category matching. As these are tested, the total count of matches is accumulated. When a match is found, the category is considered matched. As a fallback, the record's symbol is used to identify the category. To customize the converter, the table must be modified to match your template's / record's fields, such that there is good category detection.

FYI: I've placed an updated converter suite in the "mrc-converter-suite - development version" folder at the Dropbox site.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

• j3sulito
    j3sulito
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @MrC !

No need to apologize for the delay :)

I've been testing your new version, now for example already creates me the attachment folder with images, only that the process has frozen and I think it may be because the name of the image that extracts (Revolut) let's say that has a blank space and that does not tolerate then the process stops, but at least it does not appear the error that came out (your first paragraph of the answer).

Normally, when I used SafeInCloud, I didn't leave the default fields, I just added some more (usually the same ones).

In SafeInCloud, I always usually create the same type "Web Account" and by default that type usually shows:

-Title (Title of the card/account).
    -User
    -Password
    -Web address

ACCOUNT WEB:

However, I to that, in many cases I have added another field that Safeincloud includes called "Email" and maybe in some case I would arrange it so that the Email order would be at the beginning of the card.

Just that and on the Software Licenses aspect that did use that custom SafeInCloud card. Anyway in software licenses are in total 34 so I could manually add them to 1Password and remove them from Safeincloud to save you work! =)

I could manually import my 868 Safeincloud cards but if it's not too much trouble for you I can wait so that you can kindly help me :)

I am sending you the contact details for me.

THANK YOU!!!!

• j3sulito
    j3sulito
    Community Member
    Options

The problem is that I can't find a way to send you my email or telegram user. I've tried your profile but I don't have the option.

Do I have to leave it here?

Thank you!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@j3sulito

My email is at top of the convert.pl and other code files.

Don’t worry about manually dealing with your software licenses. We should be able to address these rather quickly.

I’ll reply fully in the morning as it is now midnight in California.

• j3sulito
    j3sulito
    Community Member
    Options

Now I sent you an email, thank you very much friend for your great help!

• j3sulito
    j3sulito
    Community Member
    Options

Hello!

I have no words to thank ALL THE HELP AND ALL THE SUPPORT that my colleague @MrC has given me
    He is an incredible person, hardworking, patient with me and has helped me after multiple needs to solve ALL MY PROBLEMS.
    1Password team, you need someone like that on your team.

Thanks a million Mike, I am very grateful to you. You are an incredible person!!!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@j3sulito

Thank you for your kind words.

Your patience and perseverance in helping me resolve this converter's issues, and one regarding attachment folders, are greatly appreciated. This is even more the case since your export's language is not in English and required adjustments to the converter's stock English field labels. Kudos to you.

The follow changes will be in the next update:

• Fix [suite]
      Resolved issue creating attachment folders for records with identical record titles.

• New [safeincloud]
      Added support for file attachments and images. The --with_attachments option is available for
      importing these into 1Password.

• New [safeincloud]
      Added support for newer stock templates.

• New [safeincloud]
      Added option --dump_templates to output the template definitions, to facilitate customization.

• New [safeincloud]
      Added option --nocolors to suppress a record's color indicator from being placed into Notes.

• Fix [safeincloud]
      Handle case where a record may not contain a symbol attribute.

• Fix [safeincloud]
      Handle additional URLs in login entries. The code assumes the stock field label "Website", but
      this may be customized to handle additional labels.

Enjoy 1Password!

• j3sulito
    j3sulito
    Community Member
    Options

Honestly, I have been able to help you 10% but you have helped me 90% !!!!!
    It's really a pleasure to find people like you eager to help others.

A MILLION THANKS, you're great!

Ah, the improvements you have added have been incredibly useful, fantastic ideas come out of your brain!!!

This discussion has been closed.