Typing in login INPUT field in Safari no longer filters list of logins

Options

When I type within the login INPUT field within Safari using the extension, it is no longer filtering the list of logins that match the entered text. The list does not seem to change at all. This is working fine in Chrome.

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: macOS 13.5.2
Browser: Safari 16.6

Comments

• timchambers
    timchambers
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

I am also experiencing this as of a day or two ago, which is quite frustrating!

1Password for Mac 8.10.16 (81016047)
    1Password for Safari 2.15.1 (21500107)
    macOS 13.5.2
    Safari 16.6 (18615.3.12.11.2)

Chrome is working fine now as of Chrome 117.0.5938.88

• Hey @elDub, @timchambers,

Thank you for reporting this. I have been able to reproduce the behaviour you are describing so I have filed an issue with our development team to investigate this one.

I'm sorry for the disruption, let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

ref: dev/core/core#24151

• mvcouwen
    mvcouwen
    Community Member
    Options

Hey! Is there anywhere where we can track the progress on this issue? I’ve been testing with the latest beta release but the issue does still not seem to be fixed. Thanks!

• Hi @mvcouwen,

Once there's a fix available, it will be noted in our release notes:

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

• elDub
    elDub
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know if it helps those working to find a solution, but we do have a lot of logins for a particular application that we have. I don't know if that is affecting the plugin's responsiveness (or pure ability) when it comes to filtering the items or not.

Also, I've commented on another thread that in general the Safari integration is barely 50% useful for us since perhaps macOS Sonoma. (We are a business customer.) I truly want to use Safari for a lot of my work, but I have to open Chrome just to be able to log in any more.

• Hey @elDub,

I'm sorry for the delayed response.

If you are still having difficulty with 1Password for Safari's performance can I ask you to send over a console log and a diagnostics report so our team can take a closer look?

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• amolinari
    amolinari
    Community Member
    Options

same issue form me, no logs in console,
    i've sent 1p diagnostics to support+forum@1password.com, support ID: [#SMW-56212-438]

• @amolinari

Thank you for posting the Support ID, I see that my colleague has already sent you a reply. Please continue the conversation there. 🙂

-Dave

ref: SMW-56212-438