Sonoma has broken 1Password in Safari

Options
mattcorkum
mattcorkum
Community Member
edited September 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I know it's beta, but I just wanted to make sure it's something that is on folks' radar.

Currently, the 1Password icon sometimes doesn't show up in a password field. When it does, it does nothing. No usernames/passwords drop down.

The latest issue is the 1Password icon in the menu bar on Safari is locked and just says "Loading..."

I do have Profiles enabled, so I'm not sure if that is what broke it, but either way on the latest Sonoma, 1Password in Safari does not work for me.

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: macOS Sonoma 14.0
Browser: Safari v17.0

Comments

• Hey @mattcorkum,

I'm sorry for the trouble, can you let me know if it's specific websites that the 1Password icon isn't showing in a field or does it seem sporadic?

I have seen one other report of 1Password in the browser not working as it should be in Safari 17 when using multiple profiles so you might be right that it could be related.

Can you start by following the steps below to restart things:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit your browser by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test if it is working properly.

Do things work correctly in your main profile? What happens when you switch profiles?

Any detail would be really useful!

• mattcorkum
    mattcorkum
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I did that and it is working, but it is very slow to show login options. I click the 1Password icon in a field and it takes several seconds for the option to pop up.

• I'm sorry for the delayed response @mattcorkum.

If you are still running into issues can you send over a console log so we can take a closer look at what may be happening? Here's how: Save a console log for 1Password in your browser

Please attach the log to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• mattcorkum
    mattcorkum
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. E-mail sent!

The error is around "Exception while handling request " in the console.

• @mattcorkum

Thank you, I've located your email and one of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible. Since we have a communications channel open via email now, I'm closing this thread to keep the conversation in one place.

-Dave

ref: KVT-11499-639

This discussion has been closed.