AutoFill isn't working after updating to the latest version

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Passkey and iCloud Keychain.

Comments

• gustavohenke
    gustavohenke
    Community Member
    Options

Hello! I just updated the app on my iPhone, and can confirm what OP reported that autofill isn't working anymore, at least on the Chrome app.
    Maybe it works on Safari because of the extension.

• Hello @gustavohenke! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble filling a login into a website open in Chrome. Is this happening with multiple websites or just one website? Are you trying to fill a password or a passkey?

When you tap on the username or password field in Chrome do you see "Passwords" appear above your keyboard? If you don't then I would like you to make sure that you have turned on AutoFill to work with 1Password:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on Turn on AutoFill Passwords and Passkeys.
    4. Select 1Password.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

-Dave

• Skyfay
    Skyfay
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

With IOS/IpadOS you get a shortcut when filling in the passwords when you are on the respective page. This does not work anymore. You have to right click on the password field and then select „1Password…“ and then if you click on the login in the 1password interface it works. This is a bug since the new version.

If you click on the buttons, which are marked yellow, nothing happens. Also in the apps it does not work anymore (not only in Safari).

• @Skyfay

Thanks for sending those screenshots through to us. This actually seems to be an issue within iOS 17 itself and how AutoFill displays information requested from 1Password. We're working with out partners over at Apple on this and recommend keeping iOS updated on your iPhone for when a fix is available: Update your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support.

As a temporary workaround, which you have discovered, tapping on the 🔑 icon and manually selecting the item from 1Password should fill in your usernames and passwords as expected. This also should only happen on items where you also have a passkey stored within it.

ref: dev/core/core#24058

• gustavohenke
    gustavohenke
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, just coming back to this to say that I tried disabling and reenabling 1Password in the autofill settings, and the behaviour now works a bit better - it's similar to what @Skyfay posted.

None of this is website specific.

• @gustavohenke

I'm happy to hear that turning AutoFill off and then back on helped with the issue. As Jac mentioned, the team is working with Apple to address the issues that Skyfay posted above.

Let me know if you're seeing any other issues. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.