iOS Autofill Settings

Options
jstunzi
jstunzi
Community Member

When autofilling passwords both using the native keyboard overlay and the on-screen popup, I’m shown the results for “All Vaults” despite going into my app settings and configuring it to a Collection that should only show my Private vault. Is there anyway to reduce the noise here?

I’ve tried to pull up the extension settings and the new tab opens to a blank window. Not sure if I’m missing something on my end or if this is the intended behavior.

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 17
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @jstunzi! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing unexpected behaviour when filling a password on your iOS device. When using iOS AutoFill, you can limit filling to certain accounts or collections by following these steps:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If you’re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Tap AutoFill.
    4. Change "Show filling suggestions from" to the desired account or collection.

Then fill your login using iOS AutoFill, not the Safari extension: Fill a login. Do you still see results from all of your vaults? Or just the account or collection that you selected?

Please note that the "Show filling suggestion from" setting doesn't apply to the Safari extension on iOS. At the moment, the Safari extension will show suggestions from all accounts and vaults added to the app.

I’ve tried to pull up the extension settings and the new tab opens to a blank window. Not sure if I’m missing something on my end or if this is the intended behavior.

Are you using an iPad or an iPhone? If you fully close Safari on iOS and then reopen it are you then able to open the settings page?

-Dave

• jstunzi
    jstunzi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help Dave!

I can confirm that iOS AutoFill is now functioning with the specified collection as desired.

Knowing the Safari extension on iOS has different behavior was helpful.

Regarding opening “Settings” from the Safari Extension on iPad, I found a post elsewhere in the forums regarding keyboards. After detaching my Magic Keyboard, I was able to open the in-app settings after clicking “Settings” in the Safari Extension.

• Dave_1P
    edited September 2023
    Options

@jstunzi

I'm happy that I was able to help. 🙂

Regarding opening “Settings” from the Safari Extension on iPad, I found a post elsewhere in the forums regarding keyboards. After detaching my Magic Keyboard, I was able to open the in-app settings after clicking “Settings” in the Safari Extension.

This is indeed a known issue that our developers are tracking, I've added your report to the work item that we have open internally. A bug report has been filed with Apple. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#9873

This discussion has been closed.