Web details

Options
xexr
xexr
Community Member
edited September 2023 in Product updates

I've been a 1password user for over a decade, I'm finding the treatment of 'web form details' increasingly annoying.

I've seen a few threads on here where you talk about how web form details are a relic of how you used to previously handle submissions from web forms. However, it seems that's where you also used to place custom fields that users added themselves several years ago.

So I now have loads of important details hidden in the web details section. I have enabled the setting in advanced settings, but:

1) I find it frustrating that I have to do this, half my old data is now treated as second class
2) As an example, several times when I'm on a new device, and on a call with some customer services who ask me for my telephone pass - it's seemingly no where to be found. Afterwards I realise it does exist, but 1P has chosen to hide it.
3) I worry that one day you'll remove it completely as that seems to be your preference
4) When I go to edit it, half of the fields don't show up in the edit menu
5) Why is there no way to migrate or promote it to 'real' data automatically

As a long term paying user, I feel like I am having to manually work around your technical debt and I'd greatly appreciate a better solution.

Bit of a rant, but its been grating me for a while.

Many thanks

_1Password Version: Multiple - all the latest ones
_Extension Version: 21500107
_OS Version: Windows 11, Mac OS Ventura, iOS 17
_Browser: Brave

This discussion has been closed.