UAF issues with recent builds

Options
wagnerone
wagnerone
Community Member

With recent macOS beta builds (starting last week), where UAF used to work quite well, it is now only sporadically working (mostly not).

Safari is my main and I have the 1Password plug-in installed. Using the little 1Password icon in forms to fill works, but CMD-\ is problematic.

Brave is my secondary and I use it heavily for work. I do not have the 1Password plug-in installed in it by design and have used UAF to great effect for quite a while.

However, lately, when I am in Brave and type CMD-\ the 1P Quick Access window pops up (1Password cannot ever automatically fill AWS logins, sadly), but after selecting the correct item and hitting enter, it will not fill the form as it used to. I have to copy/paste from Quick Access for each field.

Sometimes when I hit enter on a Quick Access entry in Brave the browser screen flashes and nothing happens. Sometimes it seems to bring Safari to the foreground or the Safari window flashes as if it's been activated.

I tried completely quitting 1Password, reloading web pages, relaunching the browsers, disabling the Safari plug-in, rebooting my Mac, etc.

I went through the steps on this page to ensure 1Password has all the noted permissions, etc. https://support.1password.com/mac-universal-autofill/

I tried to switch back to stable channel hoping it may work there, but I am unsure how to safely do that.

1Password for Mac 8.10.18 (81018005)

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: macOS 13.5.2
Browser: Brave, Safari

Comments

• Hello @wagnerone! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble using Universal Autofill in Brave. We are aware of an issue where Universal Autofill can fail to fill if the 1Password extension isn't installed and the team is investigating. To help with the investigation would you mind reproducing the issue one more time and then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24126

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member
    Options

Hi and thanks for your response, @Dave_1P !

The support ID number is: [#SGI-62981-483]

• @wagnerone

Thanks for posting the Support ID. The team will review your diagnostics report and get back to you as soon as possible. 🙂

-Dave

ref: SGI-62981-483

This discussion has been closed.