How to fill Encryption field (2nd password)?

Options
jd5000
jd5000
Community Member
edited September 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have a login that I can not figure out how to get 1Password to fill the Encryption key field.

The site is iDrive.com

The first screen is your typical username & password. The password's field element is copied below

<input type="password" class="input" id="password" name="password" autocomplete="off" required="" maxlength="50">

The field type is password the id is password and the name is password

1Password fills this window in fine

After this, there is a Time Based One Time Password (I can get this filled in)

Then there is the encryption key field (this is the one I am having an issue trying to figure out).

Its element field is below:

<input type="password" id="encrypt_key" class="encryption_key" autocomplete="off">

As you can see, this is a type "password" , it's id is "encrypt_key" and class is encryption_key

I have made a custom field in 1Password with the names of:

"encrypt_key"
"encryption_key"
"encrypt_key.encryption_key"

and filled in the encryption key (see screenshot below).

However, 1Password will add the password, not the encryption key into the field. What am I doing wrong? How can I get 1Password to enter the encryption key in this field?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @jd5000,

We have done some testing on this site and it looks like the website codes multiple fields as password fields. Unfortunately, 1Password has trouble with saving and filling multiple password fields.

We have an internal issue filed to see if we can improve the behaviour in a future update. In the meantime, I would recommend creating a text field in your login to hold your encryption key. Although the encryption key will not fill, you can copy/paste or click/drag it from 1Password in the extension or app to the field on idrive.com.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: dev/core/core#20530

This discussion has been closed.