[Bug] Passkeys and Firefox

Options

The extension breaks native navigator.credentials.get and navigator.credentials.create flow: when they throw exception (promise rejected), it's not caught by try...catch. It happens only in Firefox, other browsers are just fine.

Code sample:

Expected (extension is disabled):

Actual (extension is enabled):

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.16 (81016047)
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: macOS 14.0
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• akeylimepie
    akeylimepie
    Community Member
    Options

This is urgent, because it completely breaks authorization on some websites. Binance, for example:

If you don't have saved passkeys in 1Password, then native request will appear. And after pressing "Cancel" nothing changes, page is forever stuck in this state. Because the exception is not catched:

In the normal way (with 1Password extension disabled), after pressing "Cancel" exception is caught and new buttons appear and you may skip the passkey step:

• Hey @akeylimepie,

Thank you for the level of detail you have provided. I have done some testing on my end and you're right, when 1Password in the browser is enabled if there are no 1Password saved passkeys then cancelling the browsers prompt does seem to be causing issues.

I have filed an issue with our development team to take a look into this one, I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

ref: dev/core/core#24268

This discussion has been closed.