Ubiquiti / UniFi 2FA Autofill broken

Options

When using 1P browser extensions to autofill login details on the Ubiquiti / Unifi community forums https://community.ui.com/, the 2FA autofill function is broken.

1P Autofill works fine on the first login page, for the username and password. But on the next page where 2FA code is required to be entered, 1P pastes the entire 6-digit code into each field of the 6 numerical boxes.

Each time I login I must manually open 1P, copy the 2FA code, and paste it into the first field. When done manually, this works, as each digit of the 6-digit 2FA code is properly pasted into each respective field, rather than the whole code pasted 6 times when done automatically using 1P autofill.

This occurs across browsers, Safari and Microsoft Edge, and on both BETA and Release versions of 1P. This also occurs when logging into the UniFi Network iOS app.

Perhaps it is a badly coded 2FA entry field on UniFi's end. I don't know if it is possible for 1P to work around this, but it would be great if they could.

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: 2.16.0
OS Version: macOS Sonoma 14
Browser: Safari & Microsoft Edge

Comments

• david.m_1P
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi @eccgecko,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing trouble when filling your one-time password for the Ubiquiti/ UniFi Community website. I've tested things out and wasn't able to reproduce the behaviour when using the stable or beta version of the 1Password extension. Can you confirm the exact steps you're taking when attempting to autofill? For instance, are you clicking the suggested item from the inline menu, or using a keyboard shortcut? Additionally, are you able to share a screenshot of what you're seeing without revealing any sensitive details?

• @eccgecko

I have a Ubiquiti account and I do not see the same behavior. Please provide more details if you can.

This discussion has been closed.