Installing 1Password in the Applications folder and app integration

Options

Comments

• Hey @cobaltjacket,

That's right, in order for 1Password in your browser to connect with your 1Password desktop app they both need to be installed in your /Applications folder.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

• @cobaltjacket

On the Mac, 1Password must be installed in /Applications. If 1Password was to be installed in another location some of the integration and security features we rely upon, specifically our use of sandboxing and verifying code signatures, won't work.

-Dave

• @cobaltjacket

Thanks for the reply. To clarify: this behaviour is by design and part of 1Password's security and integration model. 1Password requires installation in /Applications to protect your data and to provide the functionality that users expect. Since 1Password stores the most important data in our lives, and has many moving pieces with its integration with the browser extension, its requirements are different from other apps that you may have installed on your Mac.

That being said, I'm happy to pass along your request to the team. Can you tell me a little more about why you'd prefer to install 1Password in another location so that the team can better understand the need for such functionality?

-Dave

• Thank you for getting back to us @cobaltjacket, I have passed your feedback on to the team.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all.

ref: PB36024074

This discussion has been closed.