1Password for Mac

Options
huskym1025
huskym1025
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Since updating to Sonoma 14.0 on my Mac mini M2. 1Password stop filling in my logins. Any idea what would cause this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @huskym1025 - Updating to macOS Sonoma shouldn't cause any issues with filling from 1Password. If you're unable to save & fill passwords with 1Password in your browser, I'd like to ask you to try the troubleshooting steps in the support guide linked below:

If you're still running into issues after taking these steps, you can send an email to support+forum@1password.com - you'll get an auto-reply which contains a conversation number that looks like this: [#ABC-12345-123]. If you post that number here I can make sure your message reaches the right team.

• greenpig
    greenpig
    Community Member
    Options

I had this problem too, and discovered it was caused by Safari 17, where each profile has its own permissions for extensions. If you go to Safari -> Manage Profiles, you'll be able to turn 1Password for Safari on or off for each individual profile.

• Hey @greenpig,

Do things now work as expected for you with 1Password for Safari enabled in your profiles?

• greenpig
    greenpig
    Community Member
    Options

Not really. Many times the 1Password icon in the user/pw entry boxes doesn't work, and I have to click the one in the browser bar up top. That one often pops up a window that says "Open 1Password" instead of opening the needed login immediately. (And it sometimes urges me to use a passcode first, before finally giving me what I'm looking for.)

Restarting the computer sometimes makes 1Password work as expected in Safari, but eventually it returns to the behavior described above.

• devyntk
    devyntk
    Community Member
    Options

I'll second this complaint - I'm having some issues when I have multiple Safari profiles open. I'll unlock 1password for one profile in which it'll work fine in, and then try and use it in another profile where it essentially seems stuck - hitting the "Open 1Password" button in the toolbar popup just won't do anything and I can't seem to get 1Password working in multiple browser profiles at once.

• Hey @greenpig, @devyntk,

I'm sorry for the trouble.

I'd like to ask you to reproduce the behaviour and send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report so we can take a closer look at what it happening:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you!

• greenpig
    greenpig
    Community Member
    Options

I will do that when the issue recurs. Thanks.

By the way, there's a typo in the instruction page (https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/) -- Safari, step 3, point 3: "click a lines". Just FYI.

• Thank you for pointing that out @greenpig, I have passed it on to the team.

• huskym1025
    huskym1025
    Community Member
    Options

I don't use profiles.

• @huskym1025

Thank you for the reply. Have you already tried the troubleshooting steps that my colleague suggested in his first reply to you? You can find them here: If 1Password isn't working in your browser

If that doesn't work then I'd like to ask you to reproduce the behaviour one more time and then send us logs and a diagnostics report so that we can investigate further:

Attach both files to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread:
    • Your forum username:
    • Please do not post your files to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• huskym1025
    huskym1025
    Community Member
    Options

It says file format not allowed when I try to attach the diagram file.

• @huskym1025

I'm sorry that you're having trouble attaching the diagnostics report to an email. To help me better understand the situation I'd like to ask you to take a screenshot of what you're seeing and attach it to your reply:

-Dave

• huskym1025
    huskym1025
    Community Member
    Options

First of all, let me explain what I am using. I have a 2023 Mac mini with 16GB memory, 256GB SDS running Sonoma 14.0. I use Safari v17.0. I have the latest version of 1Password for the Mac and latest version of the Safari extension of 1Password. When I go to a website and get the login prompt, I see the 1Password icon on the right of the prompts. When I click on the icon, it mostly pops open 1password. Some times on other websites, I can click on the 1password icon on the login prompt and it will popup the name and password for that site. The first part of this sentence happens more so than the second part. As I mention before. I imported my password file from last pass into 1password. I did notice that I had a few duplicates. I went into 1password and removed the duplicates. Is it possible that I have a corrupt password file? I really like 1password and want to get it working right. I'm paid up for a year, so I don't want to switch to another password manager. I'm not sure what a screenshot would show you. If you still insist, I can provide that. Thanks for all your help.

• @huskym1025

Thanks for the reply and for those additional details. To clarify: I was asking for a screenshot of the message that you received saying "file format not allowed" when you tried to send the diagnostics report.

If you send an email to support+forum@1Password.com with the following information then the team can send you a secure upload link so that you can send us the diagnostics report in a different way:

Once you've sent the email, you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• huskym1025
    huskym1025
    Community Member
    Options

I just sent the log file. Hope it helps.

• huskym1025
    huskym1025
    Community Member
    Options

[#QZC-77546-484]

• @huskym1025

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I see that your email made it to the right team and one of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible. Since we have a communications channel open via email, I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: QZC-77546-484

This discussion has been closed.