Microsoft Editor extension for Edge/Chrome blocks 1PW autofill

Options

Heads up that it seems the new Microsoft Editor extension for Chrome/Edge blocks 1PW dropdown on fields. Manually clicking Autofill from the extension menu works, but passwords don't dropdown. I turned the extension off again and it worked. Note that issue occurs when extension is installed and actually logged into a Microsoft 365 account to be fully active. Just having the extension without logging in has no effect it seems.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @ushir,

Thank you for reporting this.

When you say it blocks 1Password on dropdown fields do you mean visibly or does it stop 1Password from functioning altogether?

Any detail would be really useful so I can pass this on to our development team to take a look.

Thank you!

• ushir
    ushir
    Community Member
    Options

When you click the 1PW round icon in the password field, the dropdown field with relevant passwords normally appears but with this Editor extension loaded, clicking the 1PW icon in the password field does nothing, no password dropdown appears.

• Hi @ushir,

Do you mean the Microsoft Editor: Spelling & Grammar Checker - Microsoft Edge Addons?

If so, I cannot replicate what you described. I had it installed on both Edge and Chrome, but 1Password is working properly with it.

Can you share more details:

• Which OS are you using?
    • Which browser are you using? And what is the version?
    • Does it happen on certain websites? If so, can you share them with me to test

Looking forward to your reply.

-- Kevin

• ushir
    ushir
    Community Member
    Options

Win 11, 23H2, build 22631.2361
    Microsoft Edge Version 117.0.2045.47
    Was happening on every site, Bank of America, Justworks, Ramp, etc.

Did you install the extension and login with a Microsoft 365 account to activate the extension? Just installing the extension and having it live in Edge doesn't cause an issue - has to be logged into a Microsoft 365 paid account.

• Hi @ushir,

I have a Microsoft account signed in and all the functions seem to be working in the settings page. It is not a paid account so I will ask if any of my colleagues can further test that.

Here's a demo GIF on my test:

Let me know if you see anything outstanding.

-- Kevin

• ushir
    ushir
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe it's just me. I am running beta windows and beta edge so it could be some odd interaction with releases coming soon. If no one else reports, this can probably be ignored for now. Thanks for checking!

This discussion has been closed.