1password for mac fills out passwords twice in Firefox

Options
timtam300
timtam300
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi!

I'm running into a strange bug where when I am about to login, the password (12345) will be filled out twice (1234512345) in the password field and always causes a failed login if I don't pay attention. I usually need to wait a second, then hit Cmd + \ again so it resets the field and fills it out again to be able to login. Has anyone run into an issue like this?

This has been happening for a while for me across different versions of MacOS/Firefox and I bet even different versions of 1Password, but I included the current versions in the boxes below.

Is it possible that 1password itself fills out the password first before the extension does, hence resulting in 2x?

1Password Version: 8.10.16 (81016047)
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: MacOS Ventura 12.5.1
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hi @timtam300,

Based on what you've described it sounds like you've encountered an issue that's currently being investigated by our Development team where Universal Autofill will fill in a password twice into Firefox if it's locked before the filling action is invoked. I've gone ahead and added your case to our internal tracker for this issue. In the meantime, I can suggest one of the two workarounds:

• Unlock 1Password prior to using Universal Autofill as this behaviour only occurs when 1Password is locked first.
    • Instead of using Cmd-\ to invoke Universal Autofill, use Cmd-Shit-Space to bring up Quick Access/unlock 1Password and then press Return on the selected item to fill it in Firefox.

I understand that these workarounds may not be ideal, and I do apologize for any interruption to your workflow. Please let me know if you have any questions moving forward.

This discussion has been closed.