"Open and Fill" and "Autofill" not working

Options
martinliss
martinliss
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm using 1Password for Mac 8.10.16, macOS Sonoma 14.0 and Safari 17.0.
"Open and Fill" from the desktop version of 1Password and "Autofill" from the mini version in Safari never work. How can I fix that?

I've been unable to determine the mini's version; 1Password 8 doesn't appear in the Apple Store.

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sonoma 14.0
Browser: Safari 17.0

Comments

• Hello @martinliss,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. Based on what you shared, it's possible that the 1Password extension is not installed in Safari. Which is required if you're using the Open & Fill feature from the 1Password desktop app.

Is the 1Password icon visible in Safari's toolbar? If so, can you check the version number? Here's how:

1. Open Safari. Click "Safari" in the macOS menu bar and select "Settings".
    2. In the Extensions tab, check the extensions installed and the version number.

If 1Password for Safari is not installed, here's a direct link to download it -> Best password manager for your browser.

Additionally, 1Password 8 (which is the desktop app) is not in the Apple Store, you can only install that from our website. However, 1Password for Safari is available in the Mac App Store and the link I shared above takes you directly there.

Let me know how things go, @martinliss.

-Evon

• martinliss
    martinliss
    Community Member
    Options

What should the mini's version be?

• martinliss
    martinliss
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

1Password 2.15.1 was in Safari. Not knowing what the version should be, I quit Safari and then deleted my 1Password for Safari app. When I reopened Safari and redownloaded the 1Password for Safari app the version staid the same but now "Open and Fill" from the desktop version of 1Password and "Autofill" from the mini version in Safari now work. Thanks!

• Hey @martinliss,

You're very welcome, I'm glad to hear that you're now able to use "Open and Fill". The current latest version of 1Password for Safari is 2.15.1, so you're on the most up to date version.

Let me know if you need any further assistance!

-Evon

This discussion has been closed.