Autofill does not work in Chrome

Options
System
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password Quicksearch and Autofill Not Working.

Comments

• uerceg
    uerceg
    Community Member
    Options

2 weeks into this being reported, I wanted to ask is there a fix in sights? Exactly the same issue which @donileo reported is happening if Chrome browser is being used on macOS Sonoma. I have the 1Password in menu bar, I have the app launched as well and even though I do it seems that in most of the cases I am getting suggestions for websites, autofilling never works.

• uerceg
    uerceg
    Community Member
    Options

Hello guys. Well into macOS Sonoma existence nowadays. Any hopes that this gets addressed at all?

• Hey @uerceg,

I'm so sorry for the delayed reply.

I think it would be useful to take a closer look at some logs and see exactly what is going wrong. I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you.

• uerceg
    uerceg
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @steph.giles,

Sure thing, I'll fire you an email soon-ish.

Thank you very much for getting back.

Cheers!

• uerceg
    uerceg
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles,

I have just checked the links that you have sent and the only thing I can collect are diagnostics from 1Password8 macOS desktop app. I am not using 1Password Chrome extension because I have always relied on macOS 1Password app to autofill / offer options to fill in the browser with usage of CMD + \ shortcut while having macOS app running in the background.

Should this approach still be functional in macOS Sonoma? I somehow assume it should. But looking forward to head the answer.

Nonetheless, I'm sending the 1Password8 macOS diagnostic report per email.

• Thank you for the clarification @uerceg, can you send over the Support ID so I can close the loop?

• uerceg
    uerceg
    Community Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi @steph.giles

Sure thing. Here it is: [#KNU-55478-829]

Cheers

• @uerceg

Thanks for the Support ID, I see that my colleague replied to you about six hours ago. Please continue the conversation there and the team would be happy to help further. 🙂

-Dave

ref: KNU-55478-829

This discussion has been closed.