Settings revert on restart

Options

Every time I restart 1Password the following settings revert back to disabled:
TouchID
SSH Agent
Integrate with 1Password CLI

I have never experienced this before, but it seems that every time the whole application is restarted, these settings go back to being disabled and I have to enable them again.

1Password Version: 8.10.18
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited October 2023
    Options

@rbaugh

Can you please confirm you are using the nightly version of 1Password? All the signs point to yes. If so, you are experiencing a rare bug that has been resolved. To resolve the bug in your instance you would need to reset your local database. Please confirm all of your data is available on 1Password.com and your have any Emergency Kits and Secret Keys for any and all accounts you may have.

• rbaugh
    rbaugh
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I am using the nightly and forgot why I had switched over to it. I think there was something with the base app or the browser extension that was only in the nightly and it grew on me and I never went back to the main release.

I removed my 1Password folder from the application support folder and when I opened it up, it mentioned an update. I let it update and restart, and the changes were not there again. I set them and now when I close the app and open it again, they seem to be holding.

• @rbaugh

The steps should have resolved that. 🤔 If you continue to have trouble I'd like to get you into email support and gather some details for the developers. No need to reply here. Just send an email on and be sure to mention me in the message.

Another option is to temporarily move to the beta which should not experience this trouble.

If you need/wish to email us please use support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

This discussion has been closed.