Problem recovering account after Okta SSO deactivation, no trusted devices

Options
MRPeck
MRPeck
Community Member
edited October 2023 in Business and Teams

We have a user who was on our Business plan via SSO account with Okta.

Their account was deactivated via SSO before they migrated vaults to their personal account.

Their account was re-activated to permit them access to move personal items into their personal vault.

With SSO provisioning and Okta access restored, they were still unable to access their 1password account.

The recovery process appears to work, I can confirm recovery for their account, but when logging in, the password just set does not grant them access. It's not clear if MFA is also required to log in, but they're not prompted for it.

I did notice that prior MFA set on the account was removed when the account got reset in SSO / Okta. They also have no trusted devices associated with their account.

Further complicating the issue is that the Recovery Key appears to be out of date for this user; they also don't get prompted for it during the SSO recovery?

Also complicating the issue is that the user returned their company laptop with a 1password desktop install, and are trying to do all of this via their phone 1password app.

How can we restore access for this user?

1Password Version: 8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @MRPeck,

I'm Scott on the 1Password support team. It's nice to meet you.

Thanks for contacting us about problems recovering an account. While it's my pleasure to assist you with this, I believe we'll need to discuss account specific information to help. Since this is a public space, personal and private details shouldn't be shared here.

I'd like to ask you to send an email to BusinessSupport@1Password.com with your message so our support team can work with you privately.

Thank you for your understanding.

This discussion has been closed.