Command-Backslash not working to fill logins

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Cmd+\ autofill not working in Chrome.

Comments

• joang38
    joang38
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

I mean did it ever worked?

The support steps are not working.
    It's like that for all my friends. The issue is that people don't have time to come here and create an account to complain (I finally did) or call support because we are in the middle of doing something and we just need to connect so we just pull the 1password app and copy past manually.
    And I'm assuming people working for 1password are the kind of people that don't use what they build so they wouldn't notice either.

This is extremely frustrating! MAKE THIS SHORTCUT WORK ONCE AND NEVER EVER TOUCH THE CODE AGAIN!

[Removed profanity. Please remember that this is a family-friendly community -Moderator]

• Hello @joang38! 👋

I'm sorry that Command-Backslash isn't working to fill your login. I've split your post into a new thread so that we can investigate the issue on your device. Can you please tell me the following:

1. Are you trying to fill a login into a website open in your browser? Or into another Mac app?
    2. If a browser then which browser are you using on your Mac?
    3. Does the command not work on all websites or just some websites?
    4. Do you already have the browser extension installed: Get 1Password for your browser

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• joang38
    joang38
    Community Member
    Options

While the shortcut is not working you can click on the extension and this comes up:

Now I found another extension and this seem to work for now:

I wonder why 1password has so many versions and extensions? Why is it not just one?

• @joang38

Thanks for posting the screenshots, that helps clarify the situation. The extension titled "1Password extension (desktop app required)" is a very old extension that hasn't been updated since 2019 and is no longer supported. You can remove it from your browser: How to remove the 1Password classic extension from your browser

"1Password - Password Manager" is our modern extension that we'll be updating and supporting going forward. I'm happy to hear that it's working, let me know if you do run into any other issues. 🙂

-Dave

• joang38
    joang38
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

This is crazy! Have you guys thought about removing the old version from the Store?
    I can only imagine the number of people who have it installed and are frustrated like I was.

• Dave_1P
    edited October 2023
    Options

@joang38

Thanks for the reply. The old version will no longer show up when someone searches for 1Password in the browser extensions store and we've removed it from our website. I'll pass your feedback about the frustration that you experienced to the team internally, I'm sorry that we fell short of our goal of making 1Password intuitive and easy to use here.

-Dave

• joang38
    joang38
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave!

• I'm happy to help. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.