Self selected Icon (for item) does not appear

Options
BKrnk
BKrnk
Community Member
edited October 2023 in iOS

Update: After I waited like 20 minutes and close/reopen the app several times the photo appears now. But overall would be better and more convenient if the pictures displays asap IMHO

Hello, after I select a icon from photos app I can see my select picture in the (still open in editing mode) login object.

After clicking „save“ the photo is not anymore set as the new icon for the login object.

This happens on the ladtes beta test flight - but even before.

1Password Version: 8.10.18.019
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @BKrnk! 👋

I'm sorry that there's a delay in updating the custom icon. Is it possible that you're on a slower internet connection or the photo that you're using as a custom icon is large?

I've done some testing and it appears that the icon won't be updated if 1Password for iOS is offline. I've filed an issue with our development team to investigate that particular behaviour. Is it possible that you updated the icon while offline?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24600

• BKrnk
    BKrnk
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Dave_1P, thank you.

My internet connect is not the problem. I tried with WiFi (2,4 and 5GHZ) and Mobile data (4G and 5G)

Here are the icons:

• @BKrnk

Thank you for the reply. If possible, so that we can investigate further on our end, could you reproduce the issue one more time and then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• BKrnk
    BKrnk
    Community Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Here is the number:

[#LJI-25964-824]

• @BKrnk

Thanks for posting the Support ID, one of my colleagues will reply to your email as soon as possible. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: LJI-25964-824

This discussion has been closed.